The position of Director of PreK-12 Humanities and Professional Learning is a vital
leadership position in the Victor Central School District. The individual filling this
District-wide position will, in conjunction with other staff members, provide leadership and direction in the general supervision, administration, and coordination of PreK-12 instruction in the areas of English and Social Studies as well as lead professional learning experiences in the District. The ultimate goal for this position is to plan, direct, facilitate, and provide leadership in developing and maintaining the highest quality educational programming in the specific assigned areas.
- Successful candidate must has a Master’s Degree or higher from an accredited college or university, with a strong background in educational administration and supervision.
- Valid NYS certification as a School District Leader or equivalent, as well as certification in Literacy and/or Elementary Education.
- Deep understanding of elementary literacy instruction required.
- Deep understanding of NYS P-12 Next Generation ELA learning standards and K-12 Social Studies framework.
- Deep understanding of NYS Professional Development Standards.
- Deep understanding of highly effective Response to Intervention practices at all levels.
- Have a minimum of five years of successful classroom teaching experience with additional administrative experience.
- Experience in curriculum revision and the instructional supervision process.